Friday, October 9, 2009

Who wrote "the moon rules - #1" on my car... with a key...?

I hope you can see this, NASA, because I'm doing it as hard as I can.

I take back what I said yesterday NASA. We are through forever (?). NASA's LCROSS mission to bomb the Moon to hell (that I got up at 4am to try to watch) was possibly the most boring thing to do with the Moon ever. I couldn't see the impact through my 5" telescope. When I tried to find the footage that NASA promised LCROSS' 'shepherding vehicle' was going to take of the event, all I found was this lame video of the surface of the Moon getting closer and closer and then just freezing. No shaky cam to static and explosion noise or anything. They really need to hire Michael Bay to produce their next Moon bombing. The only good part was at the end when some NASA guy went for a high 5 and got totally denied. Did they even find water like they were trying to? Who knows.

I expect that some better images of the event taken by amateur astronomers are going to surface sometime soon. If they do, I will try to post them here. Until then NASA, don't call me. I'll call you.

No comments: