Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Science Poem

Praise Science Praises a Woman through a Poor Attempt at Poetry

Dear woman, you are made from beauty
because you are made from science.
For instance, your hair, a culmination of cascading light
from our yolk-sun, falls onto your accretion disks
like a proto-planet sunset. The mass and density
of your accretion disks logically suggests that gravity
and angular momentum, indeed all the laws of
physics, have cohered into the creation of
you, the equation of my desire.

Oh woman, let me know you like I know science.
Let my sine wave of passion crash against
Your primordial shore, first from above,
Then from below, and then from above,
Endlessly, like the first ocean ravaged Pangaea.
Oh woman, let me show you how the original eruption,
heart blood of a volcanic earth, spun molecules
into the shape and curve of a tectonic rift.
Let me teach you the hypotheses and postulates
of a love that can exist beyond theory. Let me add
you to the derivative of me then take the
anti-derivative eternally fusing us into a singular entity,
perhaps using a trigonometric substitution for your father.
Let me teach you the boundless volume
of my passion through the Einsteinian conception
of space and time.

Alas dear woman, we do not have forever. But in each moment
we are together the graph of our love can take
a j-curve towards infinity before we ever reach life’s limit.
Dear woman, let us prove our love exists and live a life
praising science together.

4 comments:

Thomas said...

I wrote this a while ago and I think I forgot to post it? My apologies if this has gone up twice.

Bulltrout said...

science asks for no apologies. nicely done

Brainpiece.1000101 said...

QED. That's awesome.

el Jefe said...

lolz