Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Attention All Humans: Hurry to Space!!

Q: Why did the dinosaurs go extinct? A: Because they never went to Mars.


Note: Since today is a slow day on the tubes (it happens), I'm posting one of my favorite Space-related articles that was included in my 'Space: part x' note series on Facebook.

A scientist, with the badass name of J. Richard Gott III, has predicted with 95% SCIENTIFIC ACCURACY that humanity has at least 5,100 years left to exist. Beyond that, all bets are off, unless we get to Mars within the next 46 years. Why is he so sure? I'm not telling. Read the article and find out. It's very interesting, and definitely worth your time to read if you are a Space-oriented individual like myself.

p.s. If NYT asks you to log in, just sign up. It's free, easy, and this article is rad.

No comments: