Thursday, June 12, 2008

Most sacred question is defiled by morons on Yahoo! Answers


Yahoo is known for its many useless features, such as Yahoo! Answers, OMG! and its search engine. (Why oh why is Ballmer trying to buy it?)

Anyways, Yahoo! Answers lets people ask random questions to other people, inviting moronic debates that should be banned for the Internet.

However, a person going be the avatar name of "Jmaximus" recently posed this question:

"Do you praise Science? Science brought us YA, what has religion ever done for you?"
Ooooooooo. Jmaximus, who seems to have a gay gladiator for an avatar, goes for the provocative set up, and naturally, the discussion quickly devolves.

First up is "Nightshade cat A.A.," a self-described pagan:

All hail the scientific method!
*shrugs*
Religion has given me comfort and allowed me to open my mind to the possibility that there are no true limits to what I can do, only those I impose upon myself.
Science limits me, as does religion, but an understanding of both, takes away those limits.
Oh yes, since I edited this I took out the part that stated I was pagan.
Limits indeed. Her self imposed limits include failing at everything she has tried.
From her profile: "Schooling, I was going to be a nurse, that fell through. I am now studying anthropology and archeaology. I have also studied in psychology, though I have no degree in anything yet...I also have dyslexia which made it hard to learn spelling& typing. I have discalclia which made it hard for math.
Moving on. "mocha_Ma_mocha" weighs in next:
Science is the explanation of God's work. It comes together. Without God,science will not exists. Religion brought me more than YA for sure.. By the way,I'm a muslim.
We're so glad her religion has brought her more than trolling on Yahoo! Answers. Although she is racking up quite the number of questions and answers. So far she has posed 14 questions and given more than 500 answers -- seemingly all about Islam.

Her best answer comes for this question: "Are Muslim men required to shave their pubic hair as Muslim women are?"
She says: "Yes. Pubic hair that are not shaved for more than 40 days become a place where the satan will hang themselves on. That will make them lazy to pray and ibadah."
Those Allah followers, so sarcastic.

"Spanky C" follows next with "Religion created war. But created freedom." WTF???!?!?

Finally, "forEVRA♥UNITED EST 1878♥" comes in to chastise everyone for being pagan, muslim heathens by teaching us about HIM!!!

What has God NOT done and given you?

Everything belongs to Him and is given by Him.

How did we get the knowledge? It is all by Him.

GOD...
And that's Yahoo! Answers for you. Certainly wasted my time looking at it. But thanks to it, we now know people think Muslim men shave their pubic hair, dumb people answers questions (making everyone else dumber in the process), and HIM! giveth us everything. The rapture is next week. The end.

No comments: